Accounting at warehouse
We offer two methods of accounting at warehouse. For convenience they can be called “coordinate” and “cell-like” accounting types at warehouse.
Using "cell-like" method you will know accurate amount of items in every cell, i.e. every warehouse cell is separate mini-virtual warehouse. “Cell-like” method enables to use storage facilities in the most optimal way, but storekeepers must take the goods only from the indicated cell, not from the nearest one. Besides, all the warehouse employees should be competent in the specific field, responsible and qualified enough. That’s why the employees must be selected carefully. Otherwise the system will go wrong.
"Coordinate" method is rather simpler. We know where the products are usually situated. Some part of them can be found in the next cells or in the pallet storage zone. The cell coordinates are indicated in the nomenclatural card of every item.
You should take into account the following nuances:
- The warehouse is divided on definite cells. For example, the cell coordinates can be in the following form: А-01-02-3, where A – is the level number (floor, hangar, and detached room), 01- the row number, 02 – the cabinet number, 03 – the cabinet shelf.
- The coordinate system is designed in such a way so that the cells, sorted according to their addresses, were processed by the storekeeper in the shortest and consecutive way. All the shelves in the warehouse are marked with stickers (labels) with address.
- The shelf address is doubled with the help of barcode. It is necessary in order to synchronize the products arrangement at the warehouse with information, fixed by the data terminal. The stickers must be printed on wear-resistant material. Polypropylene labels, for example, can be used during 3-4 years.
- All the rows and cabinets are marked with large plates with numbers without barcodes. Warehouse documents lines are sorted in cells addresses order to optimize the storekeeper’s route. At the same time paper documents as well as data terminals can be used.
- If there is no barcode on the product, it is convenient to mark it during acceptance. According to the invoice, ribbon with necessary amount of stickers is printed. Attention please, this method ensures additional control. The excess of stickers after marking means the shortage, and the lack means that excesses should be checked. If there is producer barcode on the product, the amount should be checked with the help of the data terminal.
- Distribution can be controlled with the help of barcode reading.
- Internal warehouse barcode, except nomenclature, can include any additional information: lot number, acceptance date, quality indicators, i.e. the categories according to which specification of remains is implemented in the accounting program.
- The process of the goods, details or components acceptance and dispatch can be recorded with the help of the video surveillance system with superposition on video image from 1C subtitles, commenting the current process. For example, while scanning barcode, there is barcode and nomenclature name are displayed.
Other improvements and the whole process optimization we can offer after acquaintance with concrete tasks and goals of the client’s warehouse accounting.